Friday, December 30, 2011

Lens statistics


LR lens dataIt was interesting to check Lightroom lens metadata statistics from the main catalog. By looking just the numbers, 24-70mm/f2.8 is my most used lens with over 11000 photos in the catalog. 50mm/f1.8 comes really close by having only 1000+ shots less taken with it. For me, surprising parts were the big amount of photos taken with super wide angle lens (Sigma 10-20mm) and that I have taken almost as many photos with 35mm/f2 than with 50mm/f1.8.

Photos in 0mm category are from MF lenses or corrupted images where camera lens info was lost from file. Yes, that can happen when memory card gets corrupted.

While I think lenses are not that critical for making the images, I like to test them. Especially when there is opportunity to test some special gear like MC ARAX 35mm/f2 or long telephoto lenses. I own only few of the lenses in the list and by looking statistics I could make most of my images just with 24-70mm zoom and one longer prime.

No comments: