Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lightroom 4

Lightroom 4
Got the Lightroom 4 upgrade. I have edited first set of photos with it and changes in develop module takes some time to get used to. New 2012 develop module feels to be giving better end results than old fill light/recovery sliders that created noticeable halos in extreme values.

I have heard & read mixed comments about the performance. Some say LR 4 is faster, while others complains it to be slower than previous version. With small catalog and fast machine, where I first tested it, software was really fast & responsive to use. Interesting to see how it will handle my bigger catalog with 50k+ photos.

Too bad about the catalog import bug that loses some of the custom point curve values when moving LR 3 catalog to LR 4. I think I will be waiting 4.1 update before importing my main catalogs for LR 4.

Update 30.3.2012 :  LR 4.1 update is coming to fix the point curve bug. Yei!

No comments: