Thursday, December 25, 2014

Expert Shield

Expert Shield and how I botched adding it

As the D750 screen comes without any plastic screen protector I decided to try Expert Shield protector. Unlike the snap on plastic covers, film based covers protect mainly from scratches but are also close to invisible when attached carefully (which I failed to do).

Never used these before on my DSLRs, phones or tablets so it was interesting to order one and test it. Expert Shield should be one of the best brands and price of one screen protector set is much less than buying snap on plastic screen protector from Nikon.

After first try applying it, there was dust piece trapped in the middle of screen. It was also showing against light background photos when monitor on, so I wanted to remove it. I carefully lifted the screen protector from one side and got the dust away with sticky tape. After the operation to remove dust, there was more bubbles or dust pieces under the two edges that I couldn't get away.

Good thing is that these bubbles only show when screen is turned off. When screen is on, they are on the edge area and not overlapping with image preview. Can't fully agree  "without air bubbles" promise but this far I been very happy with Expert Shield.

After two months of use, there starts to be appearing small scratches on the shield. Better scratch the film protector than screen.

No comments: